KITE™ and Educator Portal
KITE requirements changing for 2015–16
For school year 2015–16, Dynamic Learning Maps will no longer support the Windows XP operating system for running KITE Client. Additionally, the 32-bit version of the Local Caching Server (LCS) will no longer be supported. This summer, districts and their technology personnel should plan accordingly to prepare for testing in the 2015–16 school year.
KITE system provides an online testing interface for students that includes practice items. KITE has several components, including:
- KITE Client, an application students use to take tests, and
- KITE Educator Portal, an application that allows educators to manage student data, enroll students in instructionally embedded assessments, retrieve test tickets, and access professional development and training modules.
KITE features include:
- easy-to-use navigation through test items and test sections,
- built-in accessibility tools for improved student access, and
- the ability to include technology-enhanced and technology-enabled item types for more realistic ways of assessing student skills.